Please take the time to follow these instructions to ensure these items are ready for the next borrower to use. We want every borrower to be able to enjoy all items in good, clean condition. All items must be returned within 48 hours of event date, unless other arrangements have been made before borrowing.
By borrowing items from the Lend Me A Plate program, you are agreeing to the following:
Washing Plates, Flatware, Glasses and Cups
Prior to event:
As a borrower of this volunteer service, you are taking responsibility for the cleanliness of the items you will be using. If you have any concerns, you are encouraged to sanitize the items prior to use as a precaution, which is described below in the fourth step.
After the event:
- PRE-RINSE to remove major food stuff.
- WASH completely in hot soapy water or dishwasher. DO NOT use abrasive cleanser, scouring pads, or any object that will scratch dishes. Dishwasher should be set to highest heat cycle for proper sanitation.
- If hand washing, RINSE in hot water and then sanitize (see below), as a final step.
- SANITIZE by adding ¼ teaspoon dried chlorine (supplied by LMAP) per sink or pail of water. Let dishes soak for at least one minute and then air dry for at least 5 minutes. Air drying is important so that the sanitation is not immediately wiped off.
- Be sure that the dishes are COMPLETELY DRY before being replaced in their original containers because stacking in the bins does not allow for further drying.
- Please count the items to make sure you are returning everything you borrowed and notify your volunteer host at firstname.lastname@example.org, if anything is missing or damaged.
Please take the time to follow our laundering suggestions to ensure these items are in good condition for the next borrower to use. Use fragrance free laundry products only.
- Check each item for food and oil spots and treat all spots with a laundry stain remover.
- Wash and dry on warm cycles. Don’t crowd the dryer and fold items promptly to avoid wrinkles. Stack and smooth the napkins flat before folding. Iron any linens, if needed.
- Please notify your volunteer host at email@example.com, if anything is missing or damaged.
See Tips for Our Borrowers for additional information on how to enhance your LMAP experience and host a successful event.